Thieves essential oil blend was inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals to protect themselves against the plague, so they used Thieves blend while robbing the dead and the dying who were affected by the plague.
Young Living’s one-of-a-kind Thieves blend, crafted in the spirit of that legendary combination, can be found in all of our Thieves products.
The revolutionary Thieves blend contains powerful essential oils that defend and protect. You can also Diffuse Thieves throughout the home to kill dangerous airborne bacteria or apply on the bottom of feet for an internal boost. When I have a sore throat, I place a couple of drops of Thieves into a bit of warm water, gargle and swallow it. A friend of mine uses Thieves on cold sores, and many people use it for acne.
Thieves Essential Oil Blend is an excellent blend of essential oils that may support your body’s natural defenses. Thieves blend was university tested(1) for its cleansing abilities and is used in many home-made cleaning recipes across the globe.
What’s in Thieves?
- Clove Essential Oil (Syzygium aromaticum) may promote a healthy immune response, and may support overall wellness. An important ingredient in Young Living’s Thieves blend, its principal constituent is eugenol.
- Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limon) Lemon consists of 68 percent d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant; and may be beneficial for the skin. It has cleansing and purifying properties. Jean Valnet MD estimated that it takes 3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of oil!
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil (Cinnamomum verum) The essential oil believed to promote a healthy immune response, and may help maintain a healthy lifestyle regimen.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil (Eucalyptus radiata) may support a healthy respiratory system; and to soothe muscle discomfort after exercise.
- Rosemary Essential Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis CT cineol) was one of the most broadly used plants throughout the ages. May support a healthy lifestyle regimen and overall well-being. This oil provides a savory addition to many meat marinades, side dishes, and dressings. Rosemary includes the naturally occurring constituents eucalyptol and alpha-pinene.
Popular ways to use Thieves:
1. Rub 1 drop onto the bottoms of your feet before heading out for the day.
2. Diffuse to bring a spicy, welcoming fragrance to any room of your house.
3. Add a drop or two of Thieves to mop water to add extra cleaning power and a fresh scent.
4. Make a deep-cleaning scrub by combining baking soda, Thieves Household Cleaner, and 2 drops of Thieves to form a thick paste.
5. Add a drop or two of Thieves to Thieves Laundry Soap for an extra boost of freshness for clean clothes that smell great!
6. After washing your clothes with Thieves Laundry Soap, add 4–5 drops of Thieves onto a washcloth and tumble with the laundry in the dryer for extra Thieves aroma.
7. Make your own deodorant? Give your DIY deodorant an aromatic boost with a few drops of Thieves.
8. Diffuse Thieves with a few drops of Orange, Tangerine, or Nutmeg essential oil for a delicious spicy-citrus aroma.
9. Add a few drops of Thieves to a basin or bowl of hot water, tent a towel over your head and the basin, and breathe deeply for a rejuvenating home spa experience.
10. Refresh musty carpets by adding 5 drops of Thieves to a cup of baking soda; combine well and let sit overnight until the oil is absorbed.
11. Sprinkle over carpets and vacuum thoroughly.
12. Make a deodorizing room and linen spray by combining 4 drops of Thieves with water in a spray bottle and spraying around the house.
13. Clean your dishwasher by running an empty cycle with white vinegar and 2 drops of Thieves in the detergent dispenser.
14. Add a drop to the cardboard inside of your toilet paper rolls for a hint of Thieves freshness throughout the bathroom.
15. Use a drop of Thieves on a tissue to remove stains from whiteboards.
16. Put a drop on your hands, rub them together, then cup your hands loosely over your nose and mouth while inhaling.
17. Add a drop to a cotton ball and stash it in your air vents to circulate the spicy scent of Thieves throughout your home.
18. Scrub your sink with a few drops of Thieves after washing dishes to dispel any lingering odors.
19. Drop Thieves onto a cloth and keep it in your gym bag to keep it and its contents smelling fresher.
20. Combine 10 drops of Thieves with a cup of Epsom salt and add to a bath for a nice, relaxing soak.
21. Combine 10 drops of Thieves essential oil with a cup of Epsom salt and add to a bath for a nice, relaxing soak.
22. Drop a drop or two to freshen bed linens, pillows, and mattresses.
23. Make a shoe deodoriser by putting 8 drops of Thieves essential oil in a dark-colored glass spray bottle and filled it with water. Use it to deodorise smelly shoes.
24. Apply a drop of Thieves essential oil onto toothbrush to sanitise and also for an even fresher experience.
25. Carry a bottle of Thieves essential oil on every flight to protect you throughout the journey.
Thieves Household Cleaner
Why use harsh, toxic and dangerous chemicals in your home, especially around babies or young children when you can use natural products? The Thieves Household Cleaner has increased cleansing power and an even safer, more sustainable formulation. The formula contains ingredients from renewable plant and mineral sources, vegetable-based surfactants, and Thieves and lemon essential oils for extra cleaning power. Bottle is 100% recyclable.
Over 150 chemicals found in the average home have been linked to allergies, birth defects and psychological abnormalities. – Source (Consumer Product Safety Commission)
Thieves Spray is ideal for use on door handles, toilet seats, and any surface that needs cleansing to protect from dust, mold, and undesirable microorganisms. This small bottle is perfect for traveling or keeping in your purse or backpack.
Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste
This all-natural toothpaste is made with pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils, including the cleansing and protective benefits of Thieves essential oil blend. Its safe and effective formula provides a fortress of support for healthy gums, strong teeth, and a confident smile. It is the optimal choice for health-minded consumers.
Thieves Fresh Essence Mouthwash
Thieves Fresh Essence Plus Mouthwash contains a special formulation of essential oils that provides incredibly fresh breath. The unique liposome technology (using soy-derived lecithin) binds the essential oils to the mucous membrane inside the mouth for longer-lasting effects on teeth and gums.
Thieves Foaming Hand Soap
Thieves Foaming Hand Soap will cleanse, defend, and condition the skin with the therapeutic-grade essential oil blend Thieves, pure lemon and orange essential oils, aloe, Ginkgo biloba, and vitamin E. Dispensed as a rich foam, Thieves Foaming Hand Soap contains gentle ingredients so it can be used often without drying or stripping the skin.
Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier
Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier is an all-natural hand purifier designed to cleanse and refresh the hands. Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier can be used by adults and children to keep hands clean and promote good hygiene, without the use of water. Dermatologist tested.
100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
* This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.